8.09.2009

easy art

Here are just a few ideas that just about ANYONE can do.
A lot of people don't think they can do a lot of painting/art for wall decor, but that isn't true.
You may not be able to paint a masterpiece, but pretty much anything is considered art these days.

I love to paint, though I am impatient & don't have a lot of time. I like doing simple pieces of artwork.

I saw this "painting'' in the PB magazine. I liked it & thought.."Pshh, I can do that."
Sorry about the bad pic, I had to take a pic of the magazine. I couldn't find the original online.
I wanted the textured look to it, so I mod podged some newspaper over my canvas board. Then I painted it with some cheap paint & to give it that goldish color, I just used a metallic gold paint over top.

I'm waiting to build my buffet or console table for my dinning room, & then I plan on hanging the painting on the wall...similar to the picture in the magazine.
Here are two more ideas:

My friend bought some canvas boards (which can be pricey sometimes, but you can ALWAYS find coupons for JoAnn's, HobbyLobby or Micheals for a canvas. Never pay full price.) and simply painted these for her son's room. It can help to use a stencil or even tape to get the straight lines or right shapes/letters/numbers you want. They turned out so cute!
My sister did this one for her front room.
It turned out great. Pick your background colors & add some swirlies on top!
I've even seen people use old bowls (big ones) & trace a few circles. Anything goes!
Art doesn't have to be fancy.
If you need ideas, just google some paintings or look through some decor magazines to get inspired. Anyone can do these & it usually isn't a very expensive project.


Some future projects I have in mind, may ending up looking something like this.
I want to do this one on a piece of wood. I'm not sure where I would put it though...
I saw this one & loved it!
I'll have to add it to my "future projects" list.
Scrapblog,Scrapbook,Ethereality

1 comment: