1.19.2010

Blog Books


I've been in a crafting rut lately. Then I realized actually I'm creating as we speak. I'm an avid blogger and have made and printed many into books. I'm working on my family's 2009 right now.

So I thought I'd share my current faves. I've used Blurb for the last two books because I like being able to have more of a real book than a photo book. Plus I can add more pages with a minimal price increase. Photoworks is my favorite for Photo books because you can print pictures on the cover. Others that I've used are MyPublisher, Picaboo, ArtsCow,  Albelli, and Cookbook Publishers. The problem I find with any of these book making sites is that I can't fit my photos where I want them or put text right where I want. You're limited to the page templates. However, I just figured out that I can personalize the pages as much as I want by making them in my photo editing software. I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite (until I can afford Photoshop) and it works beautifully. After you make your page just upload it like any photo and use the full-bleed or full-page-sized photo for your page layout.
As one more side note, I've used some international publishers and I've found that you want to stick with ones from the UK or US. The print quality is better and the shipping prices and time frame aren't outrageous.

Please leave a comment if you've used a publisher that you love or have been impressed with, I'm always looking for more options.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the helpful info! I want to get started on blurb with my blog. I'll have a lot of work to do. I like the idea of creating it with photo software & then uploading it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete