7.01.2009

homemade playdough recipes

Stuck inside on a rainy day?
We are.
Here are some good play dough recipes.

This one I got from my sister-in-law.

Peanut butter play dough:

1 C. Creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered milk
3 T. honey.

I usually put in some powdered sugar and powdered milk (just divided in half; I just taste it till it tastes good enough to eat).

Just like store bought play dough:
2 c water
1/2 c. salt
combine and bring to a boil

Remove from heat and add:
2T powdered Alum (buy in the spice section of the store)
1/4 c. salad oil
2 1/4 c. flour
Stir until blended. Put on board and knead. Store in covered container.


Scrapblog,Scrapbook,Ethereality

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so glad you decided to do this!! I love following your little family and seeing all the awesome ideas you come up with!! Thank you .. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you made the play-doh recipe and let it dry? Does it get really hard? I'm trying to find a way to make some sort of fake rock that I can put a toy inside for Jo's Birthday party. (to break open w/a hammer) I found a recipe that calls for coffee grinds, but I don't really have those and don't want to buy'em you know?

    ReplyDelete