7.14.2009

I need a little help on this one...

Remember how I said I was recovering a lampshade?

Well a week or so ago I did, but it really needs something else.
I'm keeping my eyes open for some kind of embellishment to go around maybe the top & bottom. The base is a really dark brown & the room it is in has yellow walls & mostly browns & soon will have some more yellows & light blues.

Here is a close up of the material.
If you have ANY IDEAS, please tell me what you think. I just want to complete this little project. I will post the tutorial on how I recovered this, an easy-peasy project, as soon as I finish.
Thanks in advance!
Scrapblog,Scrapbook,Ethereality

2 comments:

  1. Leave it how it is till you find the perfect touch. I like it in it's simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I would leave it until I knew for sure or how you embellish it might give you a new idea of how to make over the room.

    Either way, my idea was that Walmart, of all places, has an awesome/inexpensive craft supplies area. They have those strings of dangley beads that you could hand sew/glue to the base of the shade to hang down, but I don't know how "fancey" you want it.

    ReplyDelete