7.06.2009

dresser handles


I've been a little out of the blogging world over the holiday weekend.
Hope everyone had a great 4th!

Some of you may have seen these pictures, but I decided to share for those who haven't.

We recently were given a broken, old dresser. I saw some beauty in it & was so excited to fix it up.

After gluing a drawer back together, sanding the whole thing & painting it four times we got this beauty. (That I think will be much more beautiful in a little girls room...someday.)
I love the antique style & the Queen Anne legs.
Even though the project only cost about 20 bucks, we didn't want to buy handles right away. The ones I want, are a little pricey.

So since it's being used in my little boys room I figured I could come up with something that I already had for now.
My mother-in-law recently gave me some great fabric that I am using to make him a quilt out of. I thought it would be cute to have the handles match the quilt.
Here are the handles close up.
They have little cars, boats & air planes on them. I stuffed some old denim inside to make them a little more sturdy. And sewed them, used a little fray check, if needed. I pulled them through the holes and left them about 7 in long on both sides so I could tie a not from the inside.

I've also seen rope (a decorative rope) & ribbon.
If you have any inexpensive dresser handle ideas please share!!!

Scrapblog,Scrapbook,Ethereality

No comments:

Post a Comment